A few months ago, I did a "monthly favorites" post. Needless to say, I failed horribly at keeping that up but I've decided to change that. So for today's blog post, I've decided to restart my monthly favorites posts with my top 10 favorite products and/or items for the month of August.
I'm sure there will be months where I'll have more or less than 10 but for August, I'll stick to 10 products.
So, shall we get started?
In no particular order...
1. St. Ives Exfoliating Apricot Body Scrub - As you can see in the photo, I'm more than half way down the bottle. What I like most about this exfoliating product is that it's gentle enough to be used everyday and it smells really fresh. At P350 for only 400ml, I feel that this is quite pricy but still I'd repurchase it if I don't find something better and more affordable.
2. Lorys Hair Cream in Fruit Cocktail - This is a hair cream-mask that's supposed to be used after shampooing. Leave it for at least 2 minutes. For a deeper penetration of the product, leave it on for 15 minutes. I like to use this 2-3 times a week or even every day when I have really dry hair. This was priced at P225-P250 for 450g which actually goes a really long way. I've had my tub for about 2 months already and I have "below-bra-line" length hair. This really does its job of keeping my hair moisturized without making it look or feel oily/greasy.
3. St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub Blemish & Blackhead Control Facial Scrub - My "all time" favorite exfoliant. I've been using this for years already. Of course every now and then I venture out of my comfort zone and try other facial scrubs but I always seem to go back to my "first love". This lasts a long time, for me at least. I exfoliate 2-3x a week, depends on how much my face needs a good scrubbing. Haha.
4. NYX Eye & Lip Makeup Remover - New found love. I purchased my bottle from Beauty's Treasure online for about P450 only. It is quite pricey compared to other drug store brands but it's effective and doesn't irritate my skin. 80ml may not seem like much, but I've had this bottle for two months already. A little definitely goes a long way. I shall be doing a more in depth review on this product soon.
5. Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Pink Flame - Priced at P155, this gorgeous matte old rose-pink opaque lipstick that immediately caught my eye. I've read so many reviews about this product so a few months ago, I decided to get myself a tube. This tube is my second one already! I do have some quirks with its formulation but matte lipsticks can be very drying to begin with... I smell a review coming up!
6. ELF Studio Line Blush in Peach Keen - I got this blush from an online shop last year and after a few swatches I chucked it into my pile of blushes. Last month I started using it more often and fell in love with its pretty peachy pink flush that looks really pretty on my medium skin tone. Definitely a keeper!
7. Kleenex Botting Sheets - 50 sheets for P95. I have combination skin and I really do need blotting sheets on hand at all times so to keep the oilies at bay. This is getting difficult on the pocket but I still haven't found something as effective that's more affordable. I've been really reaching for this last month, hence it's on my favorites list.
8. Ever Bilena Powder Foundation Refill in Oriental - I've gone through 2 refills last month alone. The one in my photo is my second for the month of August and as you can see there is barely any left. I like using this powder foundation on most days rather than slathering on some liquid or cream foundations. I like that this product gives decent coverage (especially when used wet) and still feels very lightweight. I get the refills instead of the actual compacts because they are easier to carry around. This comes with a free sponge too! The only downside is the fact it doesn't have a mirror.
9. Kleancolor Nail Lacquer in Chocolate Brown - I got this from The Makeup Haul when it went on sale and snagged it for only P80-ish pesos. I sported this color on my toes and fingernails for about two weeks straight. I love this pinky-brown shade so much that I'll probably be sporting it again very soon.
10. Nursy Baby Wipes - Last but not the least, this particular brand of baby wipes caught my eye in the grocery store last month because it was on sale. They do the job well and I like that its scent isn't overpowering. I use this to clean up surfaces, my hand, to take my makeup off and a whole lot of other things.
So there's my list of August favorites.
Care to share some of yours?