2012/01/14

Makeup Look : Neutral Pop

As promised, I made a look that allows you to use neutral shades of eyeshadow but with a pop of color to keep things interesting. I must admit, I am a big fan of colored eyeshadows but they sometimes can be a little too much for everyday use. Most people, myself included, opt for neutral shadows for everyday use BUT it can sometimes get a little too boring. So I decided to add a little *oomph* to the usual neutral eye by incorporating a bright eyeshadow.

Plus the good news is, you can get away with almost any colored shadow with this look. That means, you can substitute the turquoise-green shadow I used with another color you prefer. I suggest a hot pink or bright purple!

Pop!
Product List!

Face:
Kiehl's skin care products
Nyx HD liquid foundation - 02
Nyx concealer in a jar - CJ04 medium

Brows:
Ever Bilena eyebrow pencil - light brown

Eyes:
Nyx eyeshadow base - ESB03
Nyx nude on nude palette (all neutral shadows)
Dollface 88 matte palette - turquoise green (inner tear duct area)
Maybelline stiletto liquid eye liner - black

Lashes:
Maybelline pulse perfection - black

Lips:
EOS lip balm - lemon drop
Ever Bilena matte lipstick - pink flame


Fish Face >.<
 Here's one last full face shot. I noticed that I tend to tilt my head to this particular angle these days. 
Smokey Browns + Turquoise Green
Here's a close up shot of the eye makeup. As you can see, it sort of is smoked out at the outer corners. To achieve this effect, just keep on blending. The key to any look is proper blending. So don't forget to blend, blend, blend!
Blurry close up shot. *FAIL!*
If you want to know how I actually did this look, check out my video tutorial and comment on what you think about it!



Don't forget to keep coming back to my blog for more updates! If you have a special makeup look request / tag video request / or just want to say hi, then feel free to TWEET me at @TheJannieP on Twitter.

22 comments

  1. wow, so jealous because i don't know how to apply make up, like your eyeshadows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis! How bout you try putting on makeup too? Practice makes perfect.

      Delete
  2. Love how you did that cat's eye, super pro! it takes me a lil while to finish that one and you seem to do it with ease! ;)., I need more practice! Keep sharing!!

    Lady Soda here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while before I got the hang of it. Practice makes perfect. I suggest using gel liners, it's easier to create cat-eye type lines with a gel liner. The formula is "stiffer" in a sense. :D

      Delete
  3. Nice make up! i usually use the same colors but not the turquoise below. Must try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It really brings a twist to the look. You can go without the touch of color when your at school or work but add if before you head out to party. :)

      Delete
  4. never ko talaga ma pull off ang colorful e/s :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How bout you try this look out. You can substitute the turquoise with a soft purple shadow. :) I think it would look great on you!

      Delete
  5. You look stunning dear! :D
    Your technique is quite good, you really pull-off the look! :D I love the colors you used in your eye area! very lovely ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I still have a lot of things to learn on how to properly apply makeup but so far my way seems to be working for me. :D

      Delete
  6. I love the turquoise thing below you eyes! It really gave a pop!. I like your lipstick too! Nice job sis!. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis! You should try this out too! :D

      Delete
  7. I like the look, it's quite dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, probably because it's smoked out but I figure you could still pull this off in the daytime. :D

      Delete
  8. Nice! Love the eye color <3
    More looks :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be working on more looks soon sis. Watch out for them~ Thanks for the support. <3

      Delete
  9. Love the shade on you sis! You're so good talaga when applying makeup. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sis Angela, I practice kasi in my spare time. Hehe. Practice makes perfect. :D

      Delete
  10. wow! i wanna learn how to put shades below the eyes :) cool make-up...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Practice makes perfect sis. Try using a stiffer and smaller brush so you can apply a touch of colored eyeshadow into the corner of your eye with ease. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the eb pink flame on your lips! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis. It's one of my fave shades from EB. :D

      Delete

Hello dear reader! I hope you drop a line or two. Comments really make my day! :D