2012/04/07

NYX Round Lipstick Collection : Swatches (Round 1)

As I said before, I am a huge NYX Cosmetics fan and one of my favorite products from the brand are their ROUND LIPSTICKS. The round lipsticks are supposed to be the brand's "all year round" product which comes in a variety of shades. I think they currently have 144 shades to choose from. 


Last year I depotted 12 of my Nyx lippies so I could bring them along on my Singapore trip without them having to take up so much space in my makeup travel kit. I got these stackable container pots from a friend and decided to use them to house my depotted lippies.


L-R (top-bottom) : Marrakesh Pink, Pure Nude, Iris, Pumpkin Pie, Tweed, Indian Pink
The above photo is my collection of nudes. I have more nude lippies but these are the ones in the stackable container. My favorites are Pumpkin Pie & Indian Pink.
Pumpkin Pie is my favorite "go-to" nude lipstick since last year. It's like a "my-lips-but-better" kind of lipstick and even my kid sister loves it.
Indian Pink is a peachy pink color that's just absolutely lovely. I think any skin tone can pull off wearing Indian Pink. Whenever I use this lippie, I get a lot of questions about it. *wink*
I must admit that I can't seem to use Marrakesh Pink alone. I have to layer a darker lip color on top to avoid looking too washed out. That's a little sad though since it's such a lovely pale pink color. Another shade I have problem with at times is Iris. I find it a little bit too sheer and I have to pile on quite a few layers to get a nice color payoff. .
L-R : Marrakesh Pink, Pure Nude, Iris, Pumpkin Pie, Tweed, Indian Pink
L-R (top-bottom) : Pink Lyric, Louisiana, Haute Coutour, Fire, Chic Red, Pure Red
The second stack houses my pinks and reds. I have three pinks & three reds. These are some of my favorites in my collection of pink & red lipstick. I was really having second thought about melting them but I really wanted to take them along with me so I had to just close my eyes and go ahead with depotting them!
L-R : Pink Lyric, Louisiana, Haute Coutour, Fire, Chic Red, Pure Red
If I had to choose, I'd say that Louisiana & Fire are my favorites in the bunch. Louisiana is a bright fuchsia pink that's pretty for the summer but personally I wear it any time of the year. Fire is another bright shade. It reminds of bright red apples I kept drawing as a kid. It definitely calls attention.
Unlike my nude lippies collection, I don't have any problems with any of these lippies in terms of color payoff and application.

So dear readers, there you go. This is just part 1 of my NYX Round Lipstick Collection. Watch out for the other parts!

Anyway, I'd like to ask... Which shades did YOU like the most?


20 comments

  1. Okay kaya sakin kung mga pink color like Louisiana. Dati kasi bumili ako ng Strawberry Milk saka Christie. Hindi sila bagay sakin. :( Just when i thought nung pumunta ako sa isang mall to buy foundation. Sabi niya sakin medyo maitim na lips ko. Kaya I tried red lippies so far gusto ko ang Doll and Snow White, bumagay naman sila sakin. Gusto ko rin sana mga nude lippies kaya lang baka masayang lang. :(

    www.chiminess.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strawberry Milk & Christie's really difficult to pull off. I can't pull off both shades. I look horrible. :|

      But anyway, Louisiana's pretty bright. With bright colors, I always tell people that it depends if "keri mo" the shade. But it think Louisiana's pretty versatile when it comes to how it looks on different skin tones.

      May I suggest yo go for muted rose colors like my favorite Tea Rose? I also suggest the ff under pinks : Fig, Paparazzi, & Paris. For nudes, I'd suggest Pumpkin Pie. It's the most wearable nude I can think of. For reds, try out Chaos, and Eros. I think that would look nice on you.

      Delete
  2. Louisiana is the bomb! I use it often when I'm tired of my browns.
    I have a question. How do you depot your lippies ? :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Athena! Will post a "depotting" tutorial soon. :D

      Delete
  3. wow, these are pretty colors!!! nice post!

    btw, i have an ongoing giveaway on my blog. do join if you haven't yet! thanks!

    http://thestatuesquecanvas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will definitely check your giveaway out. :D

      Delete
  4. wow. love the lippies sis. <3
    gusto ko ren magkaroon nyan.


    http://kaidarul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buy kna kasi. :D I love love love NYX lippies.

      Delete
  5. I super love Nyx's round lipsticks too! hehehe :D lalo na yun tea rose.. best selling!!! <3 I love how you depotted the lipies Jannie!!! I wish I have the patience to do that too :)

    xoxo, rhea bue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Effort talaga. As innn. Tsaka a lil heartbreaking kasi love ko my lippies in TUBES! LOL. :D

      Delete
  6. like the shades of nyx lipstick but later on nag cchap lips ko.. ;c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. Super sensitive ata skin on your lips Chels. How about other brands? Nag cha-chap din? Dija try layering the lipstick over your lip balm muna?

      Delete
  7. I <3 NYX too
    and whoah! depotted!

    I like nudes and pink shades.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weee! *hugs for fellow NYX lover*
      Yes depotted. A lil heartbreaking, really.

      Delete
  8. I love nude shades too and I love almost all of your nude shades collection. But I think the one that I would wear more often would be Iris..Thanks for sharing your collection, all of the shade are gorgeous! ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet! :"> Have you tried any NYX lipsticks before? :D

      Delete
  9. Wow this is a great idea. I love Louisiana by Nyx. :) Great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice review! Btw, where did you buy those cute jars? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha gusto ko rin tuloy e depot yung ibang mga lipstick ko which is so creamy and madali mag melt since we're in philippine na npaka init :/ parang ang saya lng naman mag depot. hihih. gusto ko na e try!!! :))
    btw, great review! :) I'm a new follower! :) Looking forward for your new posts and hoping you'll check and follow my blog too :)

    http://geekindapiink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jannie, love this review and your blog. Are you able to post up a link of how to depot lipsticks etc. Pretty please. I'm hooked on your blog, all the way from New Zealand. :) Thank you darl.

    ReplyDelete

Hello dear reader! I hope you drop a line or two. Comments really make my day! :D