2013/03/29

Review : San San Foundation Cream

About a week or so ago I received a special gift from HBC as part of my blog-partner perk. I got really excited because I've been wanting to try out more locally available products and this was my opportunity to do so. The first gift I got is the San San Hortaleza, M.D. Foundation Cream with Vitamins A, C & E! It has SPF15 and also has Arbutin.

 photo IMG_7237_zps22aa5ffe.jpg
What : San San Hortaleza, M.D. Foundation Cream
Where : HBC Stalls/Outlets
Price : P160
 photo IMG_7238_zpsbe124f42.jpg  photo IMG_7241_zps189801e9.jpg  photo IMG_7242_zps3d25f270.jpg  photo IMG_7244_zpse60eee86.jpg  photo IMG_7245_zps9b4d5c0f.jpg  photo IMG_7247_zpsbc373b1d.jpg  photo IMG_7248_zps06391410.jpg
Love :
* Product Presentation - the cream with white swirls really did appeal to me. Another plus is the separation of the sponge-puff applicator from the actual product for hygienic purposes.
* Affordable & locally available. At P160 it really doesn't make a huge dent in your wallet plus you can just hit your local HBC store to purchase this product.
* Contains Vitamins (A,C&E), has SPF & contains Arbutin (a lightening agent!)
* Medium to Full coverage - depends on the number of layers you apply, but typically this is a non-heavy medium coverage foundation.

Hate :
* Comes in 1 shade only - sadly this comes in only 1 shade (hopefully they release more shades soon!) and for my NC30-35-40 skin tone this can be a hit or miss. Right now, at NC35 I can still manage to pull this off but I doubt if lighter skin tones will find that manageable.
* No oil control! - I have combination to oily skin type and when using this product, I definitely need extra help to keep the oiliness at bay!

Overall, I'd still use this product on myself & on clients who has a compatible skin tone & type. A bit of finishing powder should do the trick to help with my oil problem as well as to somehow balance the shade of this product.

 photo IMG_7251_zps2980d641.jpg  photo IMG_7250_zpsd2bde296.jpg


DISCLOSURE :
Some products shown on this post were PR sample/s sent to me for review and/or use. All opinions are unbiased & my own. I am in no way affiliated with the brand/s mentioned.

5 comments

  1. I saw it at HBC too and the swirls appealed to me. I loved it, but upon swatching, it appeared to dark for my skin tone. Good thing you can still pull it off. I'm NC 30-35.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the review! too bad it comes only in one shade >_<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever considered writing an ebook
    or guest authoring on other websites? I have a blog based upon on the same information you discuss and
    would love to have you share some stories/information.

    I know my viewers would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested,
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

    my site; raspberry ketone

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the glass blοwіng manufaсtuгing unit thаt is nonetheleѕs
    in procеԁure, to a reside bakery wheгe you cаn bake your unique gooԁies, opeгatіng fаrms that you can ԁrοp by and feed thе
    аnimalѕ, and гunning pottery millѕ.
    At minimum fiftу one % should be com, although primarily up to seventy five% is
    chοsen. Continue eleven mileѕ, and view
    very caгefully fοr the indicatοr to
    Laupahoehoe Issuе Ѕeasidе Ρarκ on the right.


    Ηaνe a look at my sitе - clean pizza Stoneware

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right here is the perfect blog for anybody who hopes to
    find out about this topic. You know so much its almost tough
    to argue with you (not that I really would want to…HaHa).
    You definitely put a brand new spin on a subject that has been discussed for a long time.

    Wonderful stuff, just excellent!

    Also visit my website - Cha0vu19vi.bravejournal.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello dear reader! I hope you drop a line or two. Comments really make my day! :D