About a week or so ago I received a special gift from HBC as part of my blog-partner perk. I got really excited because I've been wanting to try out more locally available products and this was my opportunity to do so. The first gift I got is the San San Hortaleza, M.D. Foundation Cream with Vitamins A, C & E! It has SPF15 and also has Arbutin.
What : San San Hortaleza, M.D. Foundation Cream
Where : HBC Stalls/Outlets
Price : P160
* Product Presentation - the cream with white swirls really did appeal to me. Another plus is the separation of the sponge-puff applicator from the actual product for hygienic purposes.
* Affordable & locally available. At P160 it really doesn't make a huge dent in your wallet plus you can just hit your local HBC store to purchase this product.
* Contains Vitamins (A,C&E), has SPF & contains Arbutin (a lightening agent!)
* Medium to Full coverage - depends on the number of layers you apply, but typically this is a non-heavy medium coverage foundation.
* Comes in 1 shade only - sadly this comes in only 1 shade (hopefully they release more shades soon!) and for my NC30-35-40 skin tone this can be a hit or miss. Right now, at NC35 I can still manage to pull this off but I doubt if lighter skin tones will find that manageable.
* No oil control! - I have combination to oily skin type and when using this product, I definitely need extra help to keep the oiliness at bay!
Overall, I'd still use this product on myself & on clients who has a compatible skin tone & type. A bit of finishing powder should do the trick to help with my oil problem as well as to somehow balance the shade of this product.
Some products shown on this post were PR sample/s sent to me for review and/or use. All opinions are unbiased & my own. I am in no way affiliated with the brand/s mentioned.
Janna Joshelle is a 20-something 90's kid who calls herself Jannie. She grew up watching Nickelodeon and Disney channel shows. She mainly blogs about beauty but is in the process of transitioning to a lifestyle&personal blog soon. Oh and she's also a registered nurse that works in the operating room.
All material in this course is, unless otherwise stated, the property of Janna Parel. Copyright and other intellectual property laws protect these materials. Reproduction or retransmission of the materials, in whole or in part, in any manner, without the prior consent of the copyright holder, is a violation of copyright law.