2017/01/01

Twenty Seventeen! - (Late) Year End Thank You's

 photo 15781811_765099693628679_4614918105957896581_n_zpsdlfjtorz.jpg

2016 was THE toughest year for me. I went through a massive heart break, I lost some friends, I realized that some family members aren't worth the time, I doubted my baking skills and felt like Sugar Works was about to fail... The list goes on and on but I survived through it all with the help of family and friends. This post is dedicated to them!

I've been doing year end thank you posts for a couple of years now and since today's the 1st of January 2017, I know I'm a bit late but it's better than never, right? So let's get started!

First off, a big thank you to God. As cheesy or cliche as it sounds, I'm thankful for the fact that during the times I've been so down, God sent me angels (family and friends) to pull be back up on my feet. He has showered me with so many blessings that I can't even count them out anymore and I know that all the trials He put me through is because He wanted me to conquer all my fears and inner demons and become a stronger person.

Next, thank you to my family. Daddy, Mum, Kiddo, Lola & Lolo, you've been my stronghold, my rock. You guys were the ones who constantly reminded me that I can make it through the year and that all the challenges and hard times will pay off. I appreciate all the love and support you've given me especially since I've decided to pursue my baking career on a more full time level.
Thank you for never giving up on me.

Yaya Malou & Mamang Melit, thank you for being my second mothers. I wouldn't have survived all those hours of housework without you both helping me out. I'm especially thankful for all the times you both have taken over while I'm busy with all the baking orders and cake decorating. Thank you for taking care of me and my family and for constantly being there for us.


Thank you to my true friends... I have only a few but I know they're there till the very end. I can't type out all your names but the ones who I will mention on this post deserve this special mention... Thank you Shanne, Antonette, Yvette, Chynne, Ate Kiamee, Trisha, Jelz, Ayi & Nico. 2016 was more bearable with you guys in my life. Thank you for being there when I need you guys the most. I know I don't need to mention every little thing you did for me but know that it was all appreciated. I love you guys to bits!

Thank you to all my other family members, family-friends and friends who have made 2016 more enjoyable. Looking forward to making more memories in 2017. Special mention to my tita viejas for always being there for me...

Also a big thanks to all my Sugar Works clients, baking suppliers & baker friends - special mention to Ate Michelle and Charlene... All those cake orders kept me sane throughout 2016. I loved conceptualizing, baking and decorating each and every cake or cupcake order I received and will always remember them fondly.

Last but definitely not the least... Thank you A. Thank you for the heartbreak that made me realize that I can be on my own, that I can be an independent woman, that I am human and I commit mistakes and also get hurt. Thank you for breaking my heart and leaving me because that's what motivated me to get my shit together and not depend on a boy to make me happy. I've realized so many things once the heartbreak started to subside and now I can say that I'm a better person. There are days that I THINK I still miss you, but I now realize that what I miss most was the feeling of having someone special in my life. It's okay, now is not the time yet. I wish you luck in all your future endeavors A. Sincerely...

PS : I'd also like to thank all the boys, guys & men I've talked to or dated this year. Some were actually interesting dates, and the rest were just majorly fucked up. I'm not rushing, I'm just enjoying the ride and going with the flow.

Cheers to the New Year everyone! May 2017 open more opportunities for us all!



Post a Comment

Hello dear reader! I hope you drop a line or two. Comments really make my day! :D