2013/04/23

Review : ELF Eyebrow Kit in Dark

When I started out with wearing makeup I never really put much effort or attention to my brows. Now that I'm "older & wiser", I've come to the conclusion that great brows really make a difference to your whole face. They weren't joking when they said that great brows help frame the face and eyes!

Over the years, I've tried out different techniques and products for my brows and since last year's "favorite" was my NYX eyebrow cake powder has decided to be too messy & unhygienic to use, I've decided to try out a cheaper alternative, the ELF eyebrow kit!

 photo elf8_zps14fc4586.jpg  photo elf9_zps28989733.jpg  photo elf2_zps7935bee6.png

What : ELF Eyebrow Kit in Dark
Where : Sophie J Fashion House
Price : P140

ELF says :
"Create brows that are fuller, thicker, and more defined! The pigmented wax defines and shapes brows and the color complementing setting powder keeps them looking arched and perfected. The doubled sided taklon brush has one side to help arch your brows while the other side aids in filling them in. This duo provides lasting color definition for a naturally beautiful look."

Brow Gel Ingredient : Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Ricinus Comunis (Castor) Seed Oil , Talc , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax , Ozokerite , Methylisothiazolinone , Caprylyl glycol
May Contain: Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)
Brow Powder Ingredient : Talc , Mica , Caprylic/Caprictriglycerides , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxide(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

 photo elf3_zps968e3b68.jpg  photo elf4_zpsba91bd74.jpg  photo elf5_zpsec26bb52.jpg  photo elf6_zpse1c0a110.jpg  photo elf7_zps25ed31ce.jpg

Love :
Sleek packaging that's travel friendly and very lightweight. Plus points to the mirror that's included. It may be small but it's still definitely useful.
Useful brush included. Honestly I usually throw out the small brushes that come in kits/palettes but I decided to keep the dual ended one that came in this brow kit because it's well made and is quite useful especially for minor touchups.
Quality formulation. The brow gel isn't sticky or goopy and does a great job on keeping my brow's hairs in place. The brow powder doesn't flake off or crumble easily and also does a great job in setting the brow gel as well as in feathering out the color.
Great color payoff. I like strong dark brows to help offset the roundness of my face and the pigmentation on the brow gel and brow powder definitely delivers just that!
Long lasting. My brows, once set, lasts for up to 9 hours with a little fading on the 10th hour. How do I know? I tested this out on a monday morning shift at the operating room. I sweated it out (despite the Ac) because it was such a hectic day but still my brows stayed put! *yey*
Comes in several shades for your different needs. If I'm not mistaken, this product comes in the shade LIGHT, ASH, MEDIUM & DARK. Something for everyone!
Affordable! At P140-P250 a kit, what more can I ask for such a great product?

Hate :
Not locally available in beauty stores in the city. I have to order this online.
 photo elf1_zpsbace52e8.png

4 comments

  1. Very similar sila ng Krave. Nagkaiba lang sa ingredients and sa shade selection. I love the effect on your brows.

    Micmic's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww... too bad it's not available here. would love to try it!
    Love,
    Krisella

    www.lippiemonster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems to be a great product. I'm not really used to eye powder. I tried it couple of times from a friend, but it seems that it doesn't do a thing on my eyebrows. Or maybe I just don't know how to apply it well.. I have pretty bad eyebrows I just do the shaping and plucking myself...hehe...

    ReplyDelete

Hello dear reader! I hope you drop a line or two. Comments really make my day! :D