2012/10/24

Halloween Makeup Collaboration : Creepy Ventriloquist's Doll

Hello everybody! It's time for another Halloween inspired makeup look....
This is the second installment of my halloween makeup collaboration with the following bloggers:

Katleya of EYAHNISM
Iya of IYABOTO
and
Mhisha of THETOUCHOFYELLOW


The theme for this installment was scary doll. It took me quite some time to decide what kind of doll I wanted to be when I finally settled for a ventriloquist's doll. I've always been fascinated with ventriloquists and their dolls and the art of throwing one's voice to make it appear that an inanimate object is talking... Plus I already did this type of makeup on a friend the other week, so I decided to recreate the look on my own face...





List of Products Used...

FACE:
Celeteque oil free-water based moisturizer
NYX HD liquid foundation - 02
Diamond FX face paint - white
Johnson's baby powder - classic (white powder)

CHEEKS:
NYX powder blush - mocha
BeautyUK powder blush - dolly pink
NYX butt naked palette - brown eyeshadow (contouring)

BROWS:
Avon clear mascara
NYX eyebrow kit - medium brown
Ever Bilena eyebrow pencil - brown
NYX butt naked palette - dark brown & black eyeshadow

EYES:
NYX HD eyeshadow base - skintone
NYX eye liner - white
NYX jumbo eye pencil - milk
Wet n Wild coloricon palette - vanity, pride & lust
NYX butt naked palette
Maybelline gel eyeliner - black
Maybelline volum' express hypercurl mascara - black
False eyelashes
DUO eyelash glue - clear

LIPS:
NYX lip liner - burgundy
Wet n Wild megalast lipstick - spiked with rum

DOLL MOUTH:
NYX butt naked palette - black eyeshadow



Notice the creasing on my lower lid area? UGH! That's because I failed to properly set the nyx jumbo eye pencil (milk)... Next time... I'll do better... :)


So what did you guys think of my transformation?
Did I do justice our "scary doll" theme any justice?
Comment down below...

PS : Don't forget to check out my co-bloggers' looks! :D



13 comments

  1. You look so cute, dear!! Especially with the cutesie lips!:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG OMG O.O You scared me with the makeup hahaha IS AMAZING dear...really...sooo nice *-* I love it!!! the lips are just perfecT!!!!

    xXx

    My blog -> Marie loves heels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I like the colors you chose for the eyes. I did a doll look for last year's halloween too :)

    http://beauteauparadis.blogspot.com/2011/10/halloween-look-4-broken-doll.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! it's like when creepy meets gorgeous!! haha.. really love it though it can be a little bit scary! :D

    Cheers~!

    - Justin -
    The World According To Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had the same booh boohs.. I forgot to set the white eyeliner on my lower lids.. It was so hard for me I'm using the fashion 21 eyeliner :)

    Because of this post I googled ventriloquist's doll. hihihi <3

    http://eyahnism.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. its a bit scary but that just means you managed to pull off the look really well! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scary!!! But when I look closely at how ou did the eyes... Wooow!! :)) the mix of colors was really nice! :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. girl ang cute ngt holloween make-up mo ... nagmukha kang cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nyah! I like it! Adorbs! Kulang nlng lenses <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you did a great job - I also did a scarly doll/puppet post on my blog: http://the-fashion-bandit.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/what-i-wore-death-by-doll.html - what do you think?

    I love how you did the shading on your eye make up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice blog and great makeup. I think you did great with your version of Scary Halloween Makeup . Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job! What a great makeup. Perfect for this coming Halloween 2013. I've been featuring some of the best halloween makeup ideas and I'd love to include this one if you will allow me to. Thanks!

    cheers
    ~ Cristine

    ReplyDelete

Hello dear reader! I hope you drop a line or two. Comments really make my day! :D